The McMichael Canadian Art Collection is currently seeking On-call Educators. As part of a team of professional educators and interpreters, McMichael on-call Educators actively participate in communicating tour programs for the public at all levels.
Job requirements include: BA or enrollment in BA program in art history, studio art, education or another relevant discipline, with excellent public presentation and communication skills. Knowledge of Canadian and Aboriginal art, experience teaching in French and working with diverse or special needs audience are assets.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Professionally deliver established educational tours and programs to school, private, adult and corporate groups consistent with McMichael Canadian Art Collection practices in French and English.
- Tours and programs are delivered both on-site and off-site as outreach programs.
- Supervise students and help with studio preparation, through the lunch hour as required.
- Studio preparation and support with tour/studio material organization, and independent learning related to exhibitions.
- Attend and participate in department and gallery meeting, training, and lecture sessions.
Those interested in applying to this opportunity are asked to submit their resume with a cover letter to hr at mcmichael.com by August 21, 2018.
We thank all candidates for their applications; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The McMichael Canadian Art Collection supports individuals with disabilities throughout the interview process and those chosen for placement.
McMichael Canadian Art Collection 10365 Islington Avenue, Kleinburg, ON., L0J 1C0 www.mcmichael.com
The McMichael Canadian Art Collection is an Agency of the Government of Ontario under the Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sport.