Careers at the McMichael
Gallery Guide – part-time
The McMichael Canadian Art Collection requires a Gallery Guide to work weekends and occasional weekdays.
You are responsible for ensuring the safety of the art and providing exceptional customer service to all visitors.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Monitor visitor activities to ensure compliance with gallery safety practices
- Provide directions and other pertinent information to visitors
- Circulate among visitors to ensure safety of visitors and art
- Communicate with supervisor and other guides to warn of unusual or unsafe activities
- Address visitors concerns in a courteous and friendly manner
- Assist with any questions and requests
- Anticipate problems and take appropriate action
- Identify and warn visitors of any hazards or gallery renovations
- Observe and report concerns and hazards
- Follow all gallery security and health & safety practices
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Good judgement, reporting and safety management skills
- Must have the ability to address complaints, concerns in a courteous professional manner
- Strong interest in art
- Always demonstrating a pleasant, friendly and outgoing personality
- Must be reliable, dependable and proactive
- Work weekends, evenings, available during the week and statutory holidays
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email, mail or fax your resume along with a covering letter to Human Resources by November 13, 2015.
We thank all applicants for their submission. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The McMichael supports accommodations for individuals with disabilities in the interview process.
McMichael Canadian Art Collection,
10365 Islington Avenue
Kleinburg, Ontario, L0J 1C0
The McMichael Canadian Art Collection is an agency of the government of Ontario under the Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sport.