The McMichael Canadian Art Collection ranks among Canada’s top public galleries in size and significance. The McMichael’s permanent collection consists of over 6,500 artworks by Tom Thomson, the Group of Seven, their contemporaries, and First Nations, Métis, Inuit and contemporary artists who have contributed to the development of Canadian art. The gallery welcomes on average more than 110,000 visitors annually. In addition to school groups and the general public, the gallery hosts weddings, corporate, social and fundraising events.
The McMichael Canadian Art Collection is currently seeking bilingual (French/English) On-call Educators. As part of a team of professional educators and interpreters, McMichael on-call Educators actively participate in delivering tour programs at the McMichael gallery for the public at all levels.
Job requirements include: BA or enrolment in BA program in art history, studio art, education or another relevant discipline, with excellent public presentation and communication skills. Knowledge of Canadian and Aboriginal art, experience teaching in French and working with diverse or special needs audience are assets.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Professionally deliver established educational tours and programs to school, private, adult and corporate groups consistent with McMichael Canadian Art Collection practices in French and English.
- Tours and programs are delivered both on-site and off-site as outreach programs.
- Supervise students and help with studio preparation, through the lunch hour as required.
- Studio preparation and support with tour/studio material organization, and independent learning related to exhibitions.
- Attend and participate in department and gallery meeting, training, and lecture sessions.
Please apply by forwarding a covering letter and resume by March 17, 2019 to email@example.com
We thank all candidates for their application; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The McMichael Canadian Art Collection will accommodate individuals with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment process.
McMichael Canadian Art Collection, 10365 Islington Avenue, Kleinburg, Ontario, L0J 1C0, Fax (905)893-2588 www.mcmichael.com