The McMichael Volunteer Committee’s Autumn Artisan Market Fundraiser is open to all living Canadian and Aboriginal Fine Artists, Sculptors and Fine Art Photographers.
For the purpose of this fundraiser, we accept all genres of original fine art, and fine art photography.
- Fine Art: This show accepts original artwork only. Works which have already been reproduced to create products for sale should not be submitted. Entries must not be copies, derivatives, or based in any way on other copyrighted or published paintings, photographs or other artistic work.
- Fine Art Photography: The copyright for all photos entered must be held by the photographer. Entries must not be copies, derivatives, or based in any way on other copyrighted or published paintings, photographs or other artistic work.
- Artwork must be in impeccable condition and priced accordingly. Works must be appropriately prepared for immediate hanging. Oil and acrylic paintings on gallery style canvas with the painting wrapping the sides do not require framing. The Art Sale Chair will disqualify works which are misrepresented by the photos used in the selection process, or works which are not original, inappropriately framed or in poor condition.
- Minimum price for works is $100.
- Application Form: The Application form is available online at autumnartisanmarket.ca. Printed applications are available as backup, however it is requested that the online version is attempted first (this reduces the data entry required and reduces the chance of errors).
- Digital Images: Five (5) digital images of 5 different artworks indicative of the works you would sell at the online market. The images may be uploaded as part of the online application process, or copied to a USB and mailed to the address listed at the bottom of this page. Please see “How to Submit your work for Jurying” below for details.
- Application Fee: The application fee is as follows:
- $35.00 by Cheque (payable to “The McMichael Volunteer Committee”) and can be mailed to the McMichael Volunteer Committee at the address listed at the bottom of this page, OR
- $36.40 Via PayPal, OR
- $35.50 Via e-transfer to the email email@example.com (no password is necessary as it is set up for auto deposit)
Please DO NOT SEND CASH in the mail. Application fees must be received by the Application Deadline of May 31, 2021.
Click on the Buy Now button below to pay your application fee.
How to submit your work for jurying
Digital images are viewed by the jury using a computer, so your images must be large enough to be viewed properly. We will accept digital images only, printed images are not acceptable for our jurying process.
Each of the five (5) images must be:
- A 72 dpi jpg (this is the normal or standard resolution for digital cameras).
- Colour mode must be RGB or SRGB (not CMYK) – this should be the normal or default.
- Images should measure between 1024 and 2600 pixels on their longest side (i.e., taken with a digital camera of 2 megapixels or higher on their best setting). Images smaller than this will not have sufficient clarity, and images much larger will unnecessarily clog up our storage space. Images should not exceed 1.5 megabytes in size. ONLY images 1.5 MB or less can be uploaded via the online application.
- If you don’t upload your images as part of the online application, they should be sent on a USB. USBs will not be returned to you. USB must be clearly marked with your name and sent in a cover which will withstand mailing.
- Please name your files with your surname, first initial, and the numbers 1 to 5 (i.e., if your name is Tom Thomson, your filenames would be ThomsonT1.jpg, ThomsonT2.jpg, ThomsonT3.jpg, ThomsonT4.jpg and ThomsonT5.jpg).
- DO NOT compress the files using ZIP, Stuffit or any other compression software. We may not be able to open it.
- All submitted works will be juried by a selection committee (jury) comprised of such qualified people as curators, art educators, art collectors, artists, and others with a strong background in art and photography.
- Decisions will be based on digital images submitted by a blind jury (The jury sees the images only. Artists are not revealed). The jury’s decision is final.
- Applicants will be notified by email mid-July to early August 2021.
- The McMichael Volunteer Committee reserves the right to use submitted images for publicity (promotional postcards, ads, social media and web site) and reference purposes.
Upon notification of acceptance into the 2021 Autumn Artisan Market, a Placement Fee of $100 is due. Accepted artists must submit payment upon notification. The Placement fee is as follows:
- $100.00 by Cheque (payable to “The McMichael Volunteer Committee”) and can be mailed to the McMichael Volunteer Committee at the address listed at the bottom of this page, OR
- $103.30 Via PayPal, OR
- $100.50 Via e-transfer to the email firstname.lastname@example.org (no password is necessary as it is set up for auto deposit)
The link for online placement fee payment will be provided to you when the selection process is complete and all artists have been informed.
The Placement Fee will be used by the McMichael Volunteer Committee for all forms of advertising of the Autumn Artisan Market. This will include targeted social media ads (70,000+ art-enthusiasts), mcmichaelvolunteers.com website feature page, outreach through our Foundation Board, Board of Trustees and Women’s Art Council, and promotion in the McMichael newsletter (14,000 subscribers).
Platform used for the Online Sale
The platform used for the online market is Givergy. Each product will be posted and will appear as in the example below. Clicking on the Item will bring the user to a page where the artwork description, size, Artist bio and Artist URL will appear.
This is a fundraising event. Volunteers and participating Artists share profits and credit card expenses such that 65% goes to the Artist and 35% to the Volunteer Committee.
Delivery of Artwork to Purchasers
Artists will be responsible for arranging delivery or pick-up of items directly with the purchaser. Purchasers are responsible for paying shipping costs directly to the artists. You may want to include an average shipping cost in the price of the artwork. It’s up to you.
McMichael Volunteer Committee
Attention: Art Sale Chair
c/o McMichael Canadian Art Collection, 10365 Islington Avenue, Kleinburg, Ontario L0J 1C0