This position is open to all qualified McMichael staff, volunteers and external applicants.
The McMichael Canadian Art Collection is currently seeking On-call Educators. As part of a team of professional educators and interpreters, McMichael on-call Educators actively participate in communicating tour programs for the public at all levels.
Job requirements include: BA or enrolment in BA program in art history, studio art, education or another relevant discipline, with excellent public presentation and communication skills. Knowledge of Canadian and Aboriginal art, experience teaching in French and working with diverse or special needs audience are assets.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Professionally deliver established educational tours and programs to school, private, adult and corporate groups consistent with McMichael Canadian Art Collection practices in French and English.
- Tours and programs are delivered both on-site and off-site as outreach programs.
- Supervise students and help with studio preparation, through the lunch hour as required.
- Studio preparation and support with tour/studio material organization, and independent learning related to exhibitions.
- Attend and participate in department and gallery meeting, training, and lecture sessions.
Please apply by forwarding a covering letter and resume by February 10, 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all candidates for their application; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The McMichael Canadian Art Collection will accommodate individuals with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment process.
McMichael Canadian Art Collection, 10365 Islington Avenue, Kleinburg, Ontario, L0J 1C0, Fax (905)893-2588 www.mcmichael.com
The McMichael Canadian Art Collection is an Agency of the Government of Ontario under the Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sport.