The McMichael Canadian Art Collection is currently seeking On-call Educators to work part time throughout the academic year.
McMichael On-call Educators are a team of part-time staff who communicate tour programs for the public at all levels. A passion for art, with skills in training, teaching or leading a group is required. Ideal candidates are those with post-secondary education in art history, studio art, education or another relevant discipline, with excellent public presentation and communication skills.
Knowledge of Canadian and Indigenous art, experience teaching in French and working with diverse or special needs audience are assets. Priority is given to candidates who are BIPOC with the above passion for art and teaching.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Deliver established educational tours and programs to school, private, adult and corporate groups consistent with McMichael Canadian Art Collection practices in English, and French if possible.
- Tours and programs are delivered both on-site and off-site in person as outreach programs (mileage reimbursement for off site tours).
- Supervise students and help with studio preparation, through the lunch hour as required.
- Studio preparation and support with tour/studio material organization, and independent learning related to exhibitions.
- Attend and participate in department and gallery meeting, training, and lecture sessions.
Rate of pay is $17.00 /hour, increasing to $18.00/hour after a set amount of hours worked.
Please apply by forwarding a covering letter and resume by July 23, 2022to email@example.com
We thank all candidates for their application; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The McMichael Canadian Art Collection will accommodate individuals with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment process.
McMichael Canadian Art Collection, 10365 Islington Avenue, Kleinburg, Ontario, L0J 1C0