The McMichael Canadian Art Collection ranks among Canada’s top public galleries in size and significance and welcomes on average more than 110,000 visitors annually, in person and virtually. The McMichael’s permanent collection consists of over 6,500 artworks by Tom Thomson, the Group of Seven, their contemporaries, and First Nations, Métis, Inuit and contemporary artists who have contributed to the development of the Art of Canada. The gallery spans across two levels and has a large Retail gift shop offering a unique assortment of Canadian art reproductions, exhibition merchandise and fine artisan-made crafts, that are also available for purchase online. The building is surrounded by a network of outdoor trails, outdoor sculpture garden and 100 acres of conservation land with breathtaking views.
We are currently recruiting for additional Retail Sales Representatives to join our team of service friendly staff. Required hours are between 7-28 per week (dependant on time of year) which will include weekends; some evenings and some statutory holiday shifts as scheduled.
- A talent for interacting with people and creating a welcoming environment
- Enthusiasm for working in a team that continually improves service to and experience for the visitor
- Self-motivated to maintain the high level of excellence in the shop by paying attention to display and detail
- Ability to learn computer applications and cash-handling procedures quickly and efficiently
- Retail sales experience
- A love for the arts
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Provide exceptional customer service to visitors from Canada and abroad
- Complete sales transactions; collect cash, cheques, and credit transactions for sales
- Responsible for balancing cash at closing
- Provide accurate information related to the gallery, grounds, and exhibitions
- Responsible for general shop housekeeping, receiving merchandise, pricing and stocking shelves
- French and/or a second language are a strong asset
If you are interested in applying for the position, please forward your resume and cover letter expressing your interest in the position to Human Resources at hr @mcmichael.com by September 18, 2022.
We thank all candidates for their applications; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The McMichael Canadian Art Collection supports individuals with disabilities throughout the interview process and those chosen for placement.
McMichael Canadian Art Collection 10365 Islington Avenue, Kleinburg, ON., L0J 1C0 www.mcmichael.com