Art & Nature
9 am to 12 pm
Sessions begin July 6
Ages 6 to 12
Join the Club!
The McMichael Canadian Art Collection’s long-running tradition of summer camps that bring together art and nature returns for 2020 with a special virtual installment that we’re calling ArtVenture Summer Club.
To maintain the high level of excellence that families have come to expect from McMichael camps, our professional art instructors have developed a fun and action-packed curriculum of virtual programming that includes artmaking activities, guided viewing of iconic gallery artworks and creative exercises that will nurture campers’ creative spirit and allow them to socialize with their peers in a safe online environment. Camps will run in week-long sessions and begin on July 6.
About the Club
The McMichael’s unique summer program will provide an opportunity for campers to build and cultivate their own pollinator gardens. This home garden will become a site of nature-based learning, pollinator activity, artistic inspiration that encourages children to engage in healthy outdoor activities on summer afternoons. To make this garden project possible, the McMichael has partnered with Monarch Nation, a national program that educates children about species at risk. Monarch Nation will provide seedlings and coaching to guide campers through making their own home garden, whether in a garden bed or planter.
Each week, in addition to project-specific art materials, campers will be provided with seedlings to plant in their gardens. The seedlings and related materials will be available for safe, contactless curbside pick up from the McMichael. Each session will be dedicated to a different pollinator plant and species, such as bees and butterflies and their habitats. Campers will have opportunities to discover the importance of the pollination process; learn about the complexity, ingenuity and resilience of the natural world; and explore how art informs the ways in which we interact with our environment. A number of experts and guest speakers will join the programs throughout each session, including naturalists and Indigenous traditional teachers.
In partnership with
Register your child for a summer of fun and discovery that will leave your family with a beautiful garden to enjoy and memories to treasure forever.
- This program runs daily and lasts approximately three hours from 9 am to 12 pm in weekly sessions from July 6 to August 14.
- Campers will be divided by age into groups of up to 12 participants.
- The program will be facilitated by an instructor through the ZOOM platform managed by McMichael staff members. Please note, campers do not require a ZOOM account to participate in the program. A good internet connection and a computer with a camera and a microphone is necessary.
- Project-specific art materials such as illustration and sketching paper, canvas, and pollinator plants seedlings will be provided as part of an Art & Nature Kit that will be available for contactless curbside pick up at the start of each session:
- Each camper will also need to secure their own basic art supplies as listed in the Campers Personal Art Kit. Details for these items as well as the Art & Nature Kit can be found here:
Participants must register at least five days prior to the first day of camp.
The Early Bird registration deadline is Sunday June 21, 2020.
Registrations will be confirmed up to one week prior to the first day of camp.
Any rescheduling needs to be requested of McMichael staff prior to June 19, 2020.
Cancellations and Refunds
All cancellation requests must be received in writing by the Programs Department by June 19, 2020 to receive a full refund. No refunds will be granted after this date. The McMichael reserves the right to cancel or combine individual programs if minimum registrations are not achieved fifteen days prior to a camp’s start date. Full refunds will be made in the event of program cancellation.
Call 905.893.1121 or toll-free: 1.888.213.1121, ext. 2216, or email the Camp Director.
(Fee includes a
(Fee includes a
(Fee includes a 5% discount)
|REGISTER BY JUNE 21, 2020
(Fee includes a 10% discount)
|REGISTER BY JUNE 21, 2020
AND MULTIPLE ENROLMENTS
(Fee includes a 15% discount)
* Four-day session applies to the week of August 4 to 7 only.
Become a McMichael Member and save 10%.
Register one child for multiple sessions or register two or more siblings and save 5% (applicable to Summer Camp only).
** Please note: a combination of these savings, up to a maximum of 20%, will be honoured. If registering for multiple sessions after the first registration, the discount will be offered exclusively to the subsequent sessions.